A traditional Indian dessert with milk & rice, rice kheer is delicious yet made with minimal ingredients.
Credits: Chef Dimple
– ½ Litre milk
– ¼ Cup rice
– 5 Tbsp sugar
– Saffron strands
– 6-7 Cardamom pods
– Chopped almonds & pistachios
1) Put the milk to heat in a deep bottomed pan
2) Let it come to a full boil, keep stirring continuously in order to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan
3) Once the milk has come to a roaring boil, add the rice.
4) Stir for a couple of minutes, put the flame on low allow the rice to cook
5) Once the milk quantity has reduced some more, add in the sugar
6) Stir again & let the ingredients get cooked
7) You should allow the milk to reduce to 1/4 of its original quantity.
8) Keep stirring in the middle as at this point the chances of the milk solids sticking to the bottom of the pan are high
9) Add in the saffron strands & stir
10) Add in the cardamom pods & chopped almonds/pistachios
Time to serve it up!