Easy Hamburger Soup | Large Family Recipes

What do you get when you mix a Mama in her polka-dot bathrobe, with a cup of coffee, a 22-quart stockpot, and a counter full of ingredients? Hamburger soup, of course!

This Hamburger soup recipe comes together fairly quickly and it’s so super easy to make. You can literally use whatever you have on hand; no need to go out and buy the exact ingredients I use in this video. That’s what makes it so great! Scrounge in your cabinets, pantry, and fridge and gather up what you have available to throw into this yummy soup.

Here’s the Hamburger Soup recipe directions https://wp.me/p4U6KV-vyT

1. Congratulations for winning on family frugal food

2. My wife just asked if we had a ground hamburger soup recipe. I will make this for us.

3. SebAsTiAN C says:

Hi Jamerill and family🙂 New subscriber from Australia here. I enjoy your videos very much. Sebastian 😀

Numbers 6:24-26
    “The Lord bless thee, and keep thee: The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.”

4. Going to make hamburger soup now! Thanks Hun!

5. That looks so yummy I can't wait to try it out😀 As far as Daniels speech he is perfect you can understand everything he is saying I have a 2 year old as well and she is talking just the same, Dont worry about what everyone is saying ur not speaking to him in baby talk so eh he Is a OK😊😀And what a cutie pie 😇baby

6. Emma Harding says:

Wow Daniel's speech is amazing …good job Daniel💞💞

7. You won't be seeing that on Food Network.

8. Sharon Lopez says:

Congratulations on your win for the frugal family goody of the year

9. Emily says:

You should put links to the tools you use in the description. I totally need a giant stock pot like you have there and I would love to support you by using your link. I really appreciate all that you do and your recipes and encouragement. Love your family, your site, your videos, and your sweet personality. -Emily

10. I think comparing Kids is wrong and hurtful. Our toddler is 3 and just started putting 2-4 word sentences together. He has help with speach. But cognitively he's advanced for his age.
    Thanks for the recipe. ☺

11. Jamerrill you inspire me constantly. This soup looks amazing and you are right, hamburger soup is so forgiving and flexible. And let me just say, Luke Henry is 3 and a half and Daniel communicates just as well as LH! I have loved watching your babies grow! <3

12. Tori Tee says:

Daniel is such a cutie..and a very smart boy! He does look and sound older! 🙂

13. I think we could be best friends! 🤣 the way you cook and nonchalantly grab that can of corn outta the pot and shake it out is so much like what happens around here! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

14. Dorothy Lamb says:

I love hamburger soup when it is cold outside.  I've never added rice to the mix so I learned something new today.  Thanks for sharing.

15. Daniel speaks excellently! He is a handsome little guy.
    The soup looks good.

16. In our home hamburger soup is called Hug and Kiss soup. My husband started calling it that when he was just a little boy and it's one of those recipe titles that's stuck. Also, I often use barley as the grain and my kids love it.

17. Jamerell, that Daniel is growing sooo fast and he is just adorable and so smart!!!

18. Bel Ban says:

So many different names for this soup! I just say yummy 😊

19. Your Stock Pot is almost as big as Daniel!! He is adorable. The soup looks Yummy and super easy. We are trying to get used to it being cold outside here too!

20. You should try macrooni soup it's super cheap and super good 😁

21. Such a great video, you have a great channel

22. ruby lu says:

you are such a patience momma, i just love seeing you..daniel is precious…

23. When I make big pots of soup that I know we will not finish all at one time I always cook any pasta or rice in a separate pot. I find when I cook it in the soup that the pasta and rice tends to swell and gets mushy in the refrigerator when stored. So I make my soup without it, and do the rice or pasta separately. Then when I dish it up I just put a scoop of rice or pasta in the bowl, then ladle over the hot soup. This way on day 2 or 3 when we eat leftovers it tastes likely freshly made soup. I refrigerate the leftovers in separate containers. At reheat time just put the cold rice or pasta in the bowl, then add the hot soup. The rice and pasta gets reheated by the soup.

24. After watching this I went straight to my pantry to look for soup ingredients. Yum!

25. Easy peasy! Great video, Jamerrill. I make my hamburger soup with a good heaping spoonful of taco or chili seasoning (if I have it ) and a bay leaf or two. We’re a family of 5, though. Delish! Thank you, helper Daniel, for making the video so fun to watch. You’re a cutie.

26. Kelleee R says:

How are you such a good mom? Please share tips for raising large families. I only.have 5 and I get so stressed out and dont enjoy being a mom some days. I had twins last year so the jump from 3 to 5 kids is a lot more work. I also stress out about meal planning. Honestly its laziness. I hate cooking. Anyways I love how upbeat and positive you are!!

27. Wanna see Travis!!! Love all your videos!!!

28. Jamerrill, Wish you and your family a very very happy Christmas. Loved this hamburger soup…will definitely try it out

29. Rio says:

mama always made this with hard biscuits. After my hubby's heart attack Dr. told us to drain the canned veggies and rinse them because they contain very high sodium. Very bad for vital organs. I always used the water in the cans too

30. "I'll be with you in a minute"
    Just put her kid on hold like a true professional. Lol

31. You tell 'em, Baby Daniel!!! Jus love him soooooo ❤ You are Class A on explaining things Momma !! If it we're me , talking hand would have definitely been involved lol Miss Jamerrill is ON her game – You all can bank on that !!🤗🙃❤

32. Your name is interning. I'm jason and I have watched your videos for a long time. Time to sub

33. It's great you include the kids in cooking!

34. Kim Davis says:

Hi Jamerrill! Looks great! A suggestion, add 1 tablespoon of cumin and 2 pks of taco seasoning. It really makes a difference. Daniel is so sweet. Merry Christmas to you all. Love Kim

35. I just love this gal. She seems like a busy creative Mom. She is so pretty too. GOD BLESS HER. Training all those precious children to know and honor the LORD.

36. I like adding barley or farro to mine. 😀

37. Looks yummy! I make hamburger soup as well I add hamburger meat, potatoes, peas, carrots, corn and ketchup 🙂

38. I don’t understand why people feel the need to say to other mothers that their children aren’t speaking very well. My daughter just turned two and isn’t speaking that much just jibberish and a few words here and there, and she points, but I don’t want people pointing it out lol. Kids do different things at different times, doesn’t mean they aren’t developing properly. I think he’s speaking EXCELLENTLY also!!!!! Keep up the good work mr. Daniel !!!!!

39. Why would anyone say anything about a child's speech? Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. Thank you for the recipe and sharing your sweet family with us. Merry Christmas Sweet Family!!!!

40. Faith Derek says:

I've never heard of hamburger soup before. Sounds good with the cabbage and potatoes!!! I will have to try and make some soon.

41. goode2shuz1 says:

Our family favorite soup. I throw in whatever I have available just like yours. We eat with cornbread. Yummy!

42. Erica D says:

I hope you and your family have a very happy Christmas!

43. I love everything about you, Jamerrill! Your outside the box thinking, laid back/loving parenting, throw-it-together cooking, etc. We would totally be bossom buddies!