lunch routine | 30 minute Indian lunch menu | no onion no garlic recipes | Indian lunch routine
Today I’m sharing my lunch routine with you all.This routine shows vankaya allam(brinjal with ginger) curry, tomato pappu or tomato dal and kobbarikaya mamidikaya pachadi.
This is an easy and healthy lunch routine for a family. I did not use any onion or garlic to prepare these recipes(no onion – no garlic recipes). You can add onion or garlic to the dal or to the chutney if you like. Hope you like this video.
Vankaya allam kura/Brinjal with ginger curry
Brinjals – 400gms
Oil – 2 tbsp
Ginger – 1” Piece
Green Chilies – 5 or 6(Or To Taste)
Coriander leaves – few
Cumin Seeds – 1/2tsp
mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
urad dal – 1 tsp
chana dal – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
curry leaves – few
tamarind juice – 1/4 cup
Salt To Taste
1. Grind ginger, green chilies, salt and coriander leaves to a coarse paste
2.slit the brinjals into quarters and stuff the ginger chili paste
3. add oil to a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin, urad dal and chana dal. once the dals change color, add curry leaves.
4. add the stuffed brinjals to the pan, add tamarind and 2 tbsp of water and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the brinjals in between.
5. garnish with coriander leaves
Toor dal – 1/2 cup
Tomatoes – 1 large
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Tamarind pulp – 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
coriander leaves – few
Salt – to taste
Jeera -1/2 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Oil / ghee
1. Add daal in a pan, add tomatoes and green chillies. Pressure cook for 3 whistles
2. once the pressure releases, mash the dal and tomatoes. Add water to adjust consistency. Add tamarind juice, salt, turmeric and coriander leaves. Bring to a boil.
3. To prepare the seasoning, heat ghee in a pan, add mustard, cumin seeds and asafoetida. allow the mustard seeds to pop. Switch off the flame and then add red chili powder. Add this seasoning to the dal and mix well.
Kobbarikaya mamidikaya pachadi/ Coconut-mango chutney
Coconut Pieces — 1 cup
Raw Mango Pieces — 2 cups(check the sourness of the mango and adjust accordingly)
Red Chilies — 4
Black Gram — 1tsp
Fenugreek Seeds — 1/8tsp
Mustard Seeds — 1/2tsps
cumin – 1/2 tsp
green chilies – 4
coriander leaves – few
Salt to Taste
Turmeric Powder — 1/4tsps
Asafoetida — 1/8tsp
Oil — 1tbsp
1. cut mango into pieces . cut the coconut into small pieces
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin, urad dal, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, red chilies and mix well. Add green chillies and coriander leaves
3. to a blender jar, Add mango pieces, coconut pieces, salt, turmeric and seasoning. Grind to a coarse paste without adding water.