GAJAR HALWA | Carrot Halwa | Indian Recipe (Dessert) | Sawan Dutta | The Metronome | Song Vlog 26

TO SHARE: https://youtu.be/mgbKJfQW6PM “Gajar Halwa” – a song about how to make the delicious Gajar ka Halwa/ Gajrela / Carrot Halwa – a North Indian winter dessert made with carrots and cream ( khoya ). Detailed recipe and tidbits at Sawan’s website and blog pagehttps://www.sawandutta.com/gajar-halwa

🎹The Metronome is the first and only Song Blog of its kind in India and perhaps the world. It aims to seamlessly combine Recipes, Storytelling, Songs and Commercial Branding through Sawan’s original songs and videos. The blog posts, in greater detail, at her website http://www.sawandutta.com

🎼🎬SONG AND VIDEO CREDITS :
Song written, composed, produced and performed by Sawan Dutta
All voices : Sawan Dutta
Video produced, conceptualised, shot, edited by C.B. Arun Kumar and Sawan Dutta
Gajar Halwa Recipe taken from Mrs. Swapna Dutta, Sawan’s mom

🎼SONG LYRICS/ GAJAR HALWA
There’s red red carrots in the market
They’re headed for my kitchen you can bet
From the red red carrots I’m going to get
Gajar Halwa oh oh oh oh

(Ingredients : Carrots – 4/5 or half kilo, khoya (solidified milk) 100 – 125gms, sugar 1/2 cup or to taste, dry fruits ( cashew, raisins ), ghee – 2 tbsp, cardamom pods 4)

Grate all your carrots, heat up the ghee
Saute the cardamom, the dry fruits very gently
Add all the carrots, stir for some time (15-20min/ till carrots are tender)
Now add the khoya ( stir for a min ), and the sugar, it smells sublime!

Stir till its thick and creamy as sin,
Go on, take a spoonful, dig right in!
Whichever part of the world you live in,
Gajar Halwa oh oh oh oh

That’s how my mom makes it for me
When I visit her in winter randomly
She knows just how I like it you see,
Gajar Halwa oh oh oh oh
Gajar Halwa!!!

🎼🎧At The Metronome, Sawan writes, composes and sings about a vast variety of subjects ranging from Recipes to Travel to Current Events to History to Slices of Life and Lifestyles, with simple, quirky high concept videos that she makes with her partner, C B Arun Kumar, to support her songs.

❤️DO SUBSCRIBE to this channel by clicking on the red subscribe button below the video to stay updated on every blog post, song and video at The Metronome!
❤️DO CLICK LIKE if you liked the music/ video
❤️DO PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with your thoughts and reactions, maybe even suggest subjects that you’d like to see Sawan sing about in future posts on her song blog!

❤️On her website – http://www.sawandutta.com
❤️On Instagram – http://websta.me/n/sawandutta
❤️On Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/themetronome_atwork/ for the behind-the-scenes buzz at Sawan’s Song Blog
❤️On Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Sawan.Dutta.Music.Director/
❤️On Twitter – https://twitter.com/sawandutta
❤️On Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/+sawandutta/p…

Sawan Dutta | The Metronome | C B Arun Kumar | Swapna Dutta | Sawan Dutta Songs | The Metronome Songs | Gajar Halwa | Gajar ka Halwa | Gajar ka Halwa with Khoya | Carrot Halwa with Khoya | Red dessert | Fall dessert | Winter dessert | Gajar ka Halwa Recipe | Gajar ka Halwa Recipe Song | Gajar Halwa Recipe Song | Gajar Halwa Song | Gajar ka Halwa Song | Gajar ka Halwa with Khoya | Carrot Halwa | Carrot recipes | Indian desserts | Easy desserts | Dessert Recipes | Easy dessert recipes | Easy Indian Desserts | | Chingri Malai Curry song | Macher Jhol song | Kosha Mangsho song | Aloo Posto song | Jhalmuri song | Ilish Song || Boroline Song | Traditional desserts |Indian sweets | Indian Cooking | Indian sweet Recipes | Indian Food | Indian Food Recipes| Food Recipes | Cooking Recipes | Recipes | Recipe Song | Tasty Recipes | Quick Recipes | Easy Recipes | Recipe video| Indian Recipe Video |

1. Eeeeeee!! My favourite!! Thank you!!

2. Aditya Pal says:

Wow !! Phaataphati !! ☺

3. We always wait for your videos… my humble request.. Kindly upload more videos… more frequently…..

4. adhira sree says:

Totally loved it.. especially the introduction on your inspiration😍😍😍love your phrasing🎉🏀♥️♥️♥️♥️

5. Niaz Maksud says:

I always had this question in mind. why did you chose the name Metronome?

6. Akash says:

My most favourite dessert! 😀 its as sweet as you! 😍

7. KARUNAMOY says:

this one is so peppy, loved the rhythm.. my maa makes Gajorer Paayesh more often than halwa, and that tastes awesome too.. sharing it 🙂

8. Abdul Hai says:

I will try it to convince my girl friend 🙂

9. Sharad Soren says:

Hey long time. I also got my carrot from the market today to make Gajar halwa 😛 btw lovely rendition

10. Be Humble says:

why is it so short!! T_T
    just when I was starting to enjoy the cheerful tune… the song ended 😛

11. Anwesha Sen says:

OMG!!! You are so talented!!!

12. This time ingredients are easy to follow. Thank you 😀

13. Excellent Sawan 👌👌👌

14. loved the glimpse of your sweet mom, if I have guessed right. great vid & tips in the end.

15. Wat? Food p**n? Ei ki dekhale? Hypnotizing or seducing with gajar halwa. 😍😍😍😍😍😍💞💖😚😈

16. 😊 good to see you again.
    I prepare gajar halwa frequently for my kids. One suggestion, if you allow me, we can use barfi/milkcake/sandesh if khoya is not available.
    Thanks. See you soon 😃

17. I can imagine where all my love for gajar ka halwa comes from… my mom makes it the same way! I guess its the bong way! Love the rendition… makes me wanna own up to more musical dishes! 😉

18. Sawan grt keep it up👍👍

19. Euphoniously Nourishing Healthful Wholesome Nutritive And Nutritious :: GAJAR KA HALWA
    Good Job Sawan
    No Matter What Diet You Are On, You Cannot Resist Some Steaming Hot GAJAR KA HALWA In Winters.
    At The Same Time, It Tastes Delicious Even When It Is Served Cold.
    Sprinkled Dry Fruits Make It Look More Appetizing And Add To Its Nutritious Value.
    Not Everything Has To Be Calorie Free, And GAJAR KA HALWA Is One Such Thing.
    Carrots Are Loaded With Vitamin A (Eyes). Also, It Is A Very Good Source Of Fiber, Vitamins C And K. Milk Adds Some Calcium And Protein To This Dish. Cashews Add A Good Amount Of Protein To This Dish As Well. Raisins Are Known To Be An Antioxidant Rich Fruit.
    Keep Posting
    All the Best

20. Ankita Dutta says:

lovely ma'am.. I love all your recipes.. and I love your voice..

21. Twenty first like from my end, and yes this recipe also brings water in my mouth like always. btw, can you make a song on Luchi and Alur dom?

22. Wow! Mouthwatering Video as usual 😀 <3

23. MR majestic says:

Hoooo ooooo ooooo😉

24. joy roy says:

wow !!!!evolving ..thanks for sharing

25. Sabuj Jana says:

Wow, such a nice foot tapping no … Certainly goes well after a generous mouthful of Gajar ka Halwa
    Hebby Laglo madam