Smoked Breakfast Casserole Recipe | BBQ Breakfast on the Traeger Smoker
For more barbecue and grilling recipes visit: http://howtobbqright.com/
Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
– 2lbs ground pork sausage
– 1 cup Diced Onion
– 1 cup Diced Bell Pepper (red and green mixed)
– 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
– 10 large Eggs
– 2 cups Shredded Cheese
– 1 cup Sour Cream
– 1 Tablespoon Hot Sauce
– 1 Tablespoon Butter
– 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
– Salt and Black Pepper to taste
– 1 package Crescent Roll Sheet Pastry
1. Brown sausage over medium heat and drain on paper towel lined platter.
2. Add butter and olive oil to pan and sauté vegetables until tender about 3-4minutes.
3. Combine sausage and vegetables and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl crack eggs and whisk. Add cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
5. Spray 9X11 inch baking pan with cooking spray and spread crescent roll dough in the bottom.
6. Spread sausage and vegetables over the dough evenly and top with egg mixture. Rest the casserole for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
7. Prepare Traeger pellet grill or other smoker for cooking at 350⁰.
8. Place casserole on bbq pit and cook for 1 hour rotating pan after 30 minutes for even cooking.
9. When top is brown and edges pull slightly away from pan the casserole is done. Remove from pit and cut into desired serving sizes. Serve with sour cream, crumbled bacon, pico, etc..
Pitmaster’s need breakfast too and this recipe is sure to start the day off right. I combine sausage, eggs, cheese, and a few vegetables (have to keep the doctor happy) for a tasty casserole that cooks right on the pit.
You can put it all together the night before and cook the next morning for breakfast or brunch. I serve it with plenty of fresh toppings (your friends can dress it up just right) and it goes perfect with a good Bloody Mary.
For Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce, Rub and Competition BBQ equipment, visit: https://h2qshop.com/